My Account / Order Status
17th Karmapa Ogyen Trinley Dorje
17th Karmapa Visit 2008
Books on Tapes / CDs
Flags & Banners
Gaus, Deity Pendants & Pins
Incense & Burners
Photo H.H. Karmapa
Photographs & Cards
Shipping & Handling
Shrine and Practice
Books on Sale
Statues & Tsa Tsa
T-shirts & More
Tibetan Chants & Music
Tibetan Texts & Books
Video / DVD
Karmapa in America 2011
Join our mailing list!
(Your shopping cart is empty)
Books by Title A-Z
Asperger's Syndrome and Mindfulness: Taking Refuge in the Buddha
By: Chris Mitchell
Usually Ships in 24 Hours
Wishpot add this item to your
Understanding who you are can be lonely and difficult following the diagnosis of Asperger's Syndrome (AS). Asperger's Syndrome and Mindfulness illuminates this as an empowering path of discovery through the teachings of Buddhism. Chris Mitchell draws parallels between the experience of his own journey towards personhood through AS and the spiritual tenants of Theravada Buddhism, as outlined through the Eightfold Path.
Worry and anxiety, confusing desires or negative thoughts are among the everyday hindrances a person with AS faces. This book takes the reader through key beliefs of Theravadic Buddhism, such as Mindfulness and the Four Noble Truths, showing how practices such as Insight Meditation can lead to a positive resolution of these feelings.
Asperger's Syndrome and Mindfulness: Taking Refuge in the Buddha, Chris Mitchell, Paperback, 2008, 144
Note on Terminology and Prounciation. Dedications
1. Introduction - The Path of Asperger's Syndrome.
2. Asperger's Syndrome and the Five Hindrances.
3. Starting with Who You Are - How the Easiest Person to Like Can Be You.
4. Seeing the Truth - How to Control Mind Proliferation and Others as They Really Are.
5. Gaining Insight from Those Around Me - How Insight Can Strengthen One's Awareness.
6. Worrying in an Anxiety-Driven World - How to Curb Tendency to Worry through Curtailing Stress and Anxiety.
7. Curtailing Feelings of Anger and Frustration - How to Control and Respond to Anger Effectively.
8. Discipline and Routine - How to Maintain Discipline within Routine, Including Managing Changes.
9. Developing Tolerance - How to Develop Acceptance of and Openness towards Others without Resorting to Naivety.
10. Measuring Success and Goal-Setting - How to Measure Success Realistically and Achieve without Distancing Ourselves from Truth.
11. Facing and Coping with Suffering - How to Manage Feelings of Suffering (Dukkha) through Reflection.
12. Finding Balance in Mindfulness and Concentration - How to Take Responsibility of One's Own World and Recognise the World Others Live Within.
13. Overcoming the Hindrances - How a Person with Asperger's Syndrome Can Overcome Difficulties Associated with the Five Hindrances through Recognition of the Five Spiritual Faculties.
14. Epilogue - University Reunion.
Share your knowledge of this product with other customers...
Be the first to write a review
Browse for more products in the same category as this item:
Books by Title A-Z
335 Meads Mountain Road, Woodstock, NY 12498
Become an Affiliate
Send Us Feedback
Copyright © 2004 www.namsebangdzo.com. All Rights Reserved.
eCommerce Web Hosting