My Account / Order Status
17th Karmapa Ogyen Trinley Dorje
17th Karmapa Visit 2008
Books on Tapes / CDs
Flags & Banners
Gaus, Deity Pendants & Pins
Incense & Burners
Photo H.H. Karmapa
Photographs & Cards
Shipping & Handling
Shrine and Practice
Books on Sale
Statues & Tsa Tsa
T-shirts & More
Tibetan Chants & Music
Tibetan Texts & Books
Video / DVD
Karmapa in America 2011
Join our mailing list!
(Your shopping cart is empty)
Books by Title A-Z
Kadampa School in Tibetan Buddhism
By: Meenakshi Rai
8186561021 / 9788186561027
Wishpot add this item to your
Kadampa school as a strong spiritual movement with its monastic base in Tibet is little known. Historians and scholars of Tibetan Buddhism attribute this as a missing link in the cultural history of Tibet. The significance of the present work lies in researching and providing this vital missing link. This work marks the period prior to the emergence of different Tibetan Buddhist religious traditions. The work is full of historical significance and a source of facts and findings about later diffusion of Buddhism in Tibet.
I. The pathfinders:
1. The home of the Kadampas.
2. The pioneer Jobo Atisa (982-1054) life and times of the great sage.
3. Domtonpa Gyalwai Jungne (1004-1064) the most loyal disciple of the great sage.
II. The Kadampa school: its rise, Zenith and diffusion:
4. Blooming of Kadampa school at reting monastery.
5. Ancient Kadampa monasteries.
6. Development of Kadampa tradition.
7. Reformation of Tibetan Buddhism : role of Domtonpa.
8. Trinity of spiritual brothers and their disciples.
9. Kadampa tradition as a role model for other religious Buddhist traditions in Tibet.
Notes and references.
Share your knowledge of this product with other customers...
Be the first to write a review
Browse for more products in the same category as this item:
Books by Title A-Z
335 Meads Mountain Road, Woodstock, NY 12498
Become an Affiliate
Send Us Feedback
Copyright © 2004 www.namsebangdzo.com. All Rights Reserved.
eCommerce Web Hosting