JOIN OUR MAILING LIST
Features & Specials
Books on Sale
17th Karmapa Ogyen Trinley Dorje
17th Karmapa Visit 2008
Photo H.H. Karmapa
Jewelry & Clothing
Shipping & Handling
Join our mailing list!
Tibetan: phung po lnga
Wishpot add this item to your
Literally, "heap." The five skandhas, or aggregates, are the five basic transformations that perceptions undergo when an object is perceived. They are form, feeling, conception, formation, and consciousness. In the confused state, we cling to one or another aspect of these five as a concrete self. When the skandhas are actually seen for what they are, no self is found in them, either singly or taken together. Moreover, one does not find any individual apart from them. In vajrayana, they are correlated to the five buddhas of the mandala.
1) Form Aggregate, gzugs kyi phung po, rupa skandha
2) Feeling Aggregate, tshor ba'i phung po, vedana skandha
3) Conception Aggregate, 'du shes kyi phung po samjna skandha
4) Formation Aggregate, 'du bye kyi phung po, samskara skandha
5) Consciousness Aggregate, rnam par shes pa'i phung po, vijnana skandha
Share your knowledge of this product with other customers...
Be the first to write a review
Browse for more products in the same category as this item:
Shipping & Returns
Terms & Conditions
Questions? Call Us!
Mon-Fri 9am-5pm EST