Also called the twelve sources of perception.They can be divided in the outer and inner fields.
The six outer (external) (yul drug) (bahira ayatana) are the objects of cognition and the six inner (internal) ( dbang po drug) ( adhyatmika ayatana) are the sense organs.
1. form, gzugs, rupa
2. sound, sgra, shabda
3. odor, dri, gandha
4. taste, ro, rasa
5. object of touch, reg bya, sparsha
6. mental objects, phenomena, chos, dharma.
1. eye faculty, mig gi wang po, cakshurindiyam
2. hearing faculty, rna ba' wang po, shrotendriyam
3. smell faculty, sna'i wang po, ghranendriyam
4. taste faculty, lche'i wang po, jihvendriyam
5. touch faculty, lus kyi wang po, kayendriyam
6. mental faculty, yid kyi wang po, mana indriyam