JOIN OUR MAILING LIST
Features & Specials
Books on Sale
17th Karmapa Ogyen Trinley Dorje
17th Karmapa Visit 2008
Karmapa in America 2011
Photo H.H. Karmapa
T-shirts & More
Shipping & Handling
Join our mailing list!
Tibetan: ye shes lnga
Sanskrit: panca jnanani
Wishpot add this item to your
Five types of fundamentally pure awareness that are ever-present within all sentient beings. Normally obscured by karmic defilements and bewilderment, the five wisdoms manifest as the five kleshas. The five wisdoms are:
1. dharmadhatu wisdom, dharmadhatu jnanam
2. mirror-like wisdom, me long lta bu'i ye shes, adarsha jnanam
3. wisdom of equanimity, mnyam nyid ye shes, samata jnanam
4. discriminating wisdom, sor rtogs ye shes, pratyavekshana jnanam
5. all-accomplishing wisdom, bya sgrub ye shes, krityanusthana jnanam
They should not be understood as separate entities but rather as different functions of one's enlightened essence. Each of the five wisdoms is closely associated with one of the five buddha families.
Share your knowledge of this product with other customers...
Be the first to write a review
Browse for more products in the same category as this item:
Shipping & Returns
Terms & Conditions
Questions? Call Us!
Mon-Fri 9am-5pm EST