Five types of fundamentally pure awareness that are ever-present within all sentient beings. Normally obscured by karmic defilements and bewilderment, the five wisdoms manifest as the five kleshas. The five wisdoms are:
1. dharmadhatu wisdom, dharmadhatu jnanam
2. mirror-like wisdom, me long lta bu'i ye shes, adarsha jnanam
3. wisdom of equanimity, mnyam nyid ye shes, samata jnanam
4. discriminating wisdom, sor rtogs ye shes, pratyavekshana jnanam
5. all-accomplishing wisdom, bya sgrub ye shes, krityanusthana jnanam
They should not be understood as separate entities but rather as different functions of one's enlightened essence. Each of the five wisdoms is closely associated with one of the five buddha families.