Stepping out onto the Barkhor circuit, you're swept along by a sea of chanting pilgrims. You go with the flow as the intriguing procession winds its way clockwise.
This pocket companion is full of phrases to help you out in any situation not just discovering Buddhist temples. You'll be talking your way around Tibet in no time.
- master menu vocab and script
- read up on festival rites
- get a handle on Tibetan grammar and pronunciation
- find your way around by pedicab, taxi or bus
- take your understanding of Tibetan body language to higher plains
Tibetan Phrasebook, Lonely Planet, Pocket, 2002, 250 Pages, Sandup Tsering, $7.99