After nearly four decades studying and practicing the Satipatthana Sutta, Joseph Goldstein concludes that the seeds of all the Buddha's teachings are contained within this essential text. Abiding in Mindfulness Volume 3 presents the Insight Meditation Society cofounder's profound analysis of the fourth foundation of mindfulness. Exploring the phenomena known in the Pali language as dhamma (in this context meaning "categories of experience"), this 18-hour course investigates the traditional Hindrances, the Aggregates of Clinging, the Sense-Bases and their Fetters, the Four Noble Truths, and more.
Abiding in Mindfulness Volume 3: On Dhamma, Joseph Goldstein, Sounds True, Audio CDs plus booklet, 16 CDs (19-1/2 hours), $99.95
Joseph Goldstein has been leading insight and lovingkindness meditation retreats worldwide since 1974. He is a cofounder of the Insight Meditation Society, the Barre Center for Buddhist Studies, and the Forest Refuge. Since 1967, he has studied and practiced different forms of Buddhist meditation under eminent teachers from India, Burma, and Tibet. His books include A Heart Full of Peace, One Dharma, Insight Meditation, and The Experience of Insight.
- The Buddha's teaching on dependent origination
- Freeing ourselves from mental fetters
- The four hallucinations and the re-training of our perception
- Opening to the wisdom that discerns truth
- Effort vs relaxation on the path to awakening
- Realizing the end of craving
- The four aspects of mindfulness
- The stages and practice of equanimity
- Developing a wiser relationship to the world
- Nineteen hours of in-depth instruction with Joseph Goldstein, including poetry, teaching stories, practical exercises, and much more